Tuesday 16 November 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 16: More Noodles

For today I thought I'd try a recipe I've had picked out to cook for quite a while - Bryanna's Golden Vegetable Noodle Soup, which I found here. I like split pea soups which is one of the reasons this soup really appealed to me and I've never cooked anything containing nutritional yeast before. I thought this was a fabulous soup - tasty, really easy to make. I added extra garlic and half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, plus a tablespoon of vegetable bouillon powder. It ended up a really sunny looking soup - welcome on a rather grey cold day. I will definitely be making it again. I served mine with some Kalamata olive ciabatta bread and some extra nooch.
As I've not posted a recipe for the last couple of days, here's a picture of a happy little cat with her catnip bag - ahh the simple pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment