Sunday 21 October 2012

MoFo Day 21: Israeli Breakfast Beans




I'm moving into the Middle East for the last week of MoFo and today I'm in Israel with a recipe for haricot beans served on Palestinian couscous. I found the Palestinian couscous when I was browsing in Real Foods on my way to work on Thursday. It's about 4 times the size of ordinary couscous and made from wholewheat flour. This is a really quick and easy recipe that I'll definitely be making again.



Israeli Breakfast Beans

225 g haricot beans, soaked and then cooked
1 onion, finely chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
large handful of fresh basil leaves
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Saute onion and garlic in vegetable stock for 3-4 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and basil and saute for a few minutes more. Add cooked haricot beans with a small amount of the cooking water. Simmer for a further 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently. serve topped with chopped fresh parsley.



                   

No comments:

Post a Comment